Eliot’s writing has appeared in United States and international journals and books, focusing on healthcare, the theory and practice of Tibetan medicine, traditional Asian medicine in the context of globalization, and topics such as medical pluralism, integrative medicine, mind-body medicine, evidence based medicine, biopiracy and intellectual property rights.
Visit Publications to view the range of Eliot Tokar’s publications and articles on various topics concerning; Tibetan medicine. Eliot Tokar is a traditional Tibetan medicine doctor and experienced international writer and lecturer.
- Learning to Harmonize and Therefore to Heal; The Journal of Traditional Tibetan Medicine
- An Ancient Medicine in a New World: A Tibetan Medicine Doctor’s Reflection from ‘Inside’ in “Tibetan Medicine in the Contemporary World: Global Politics of Medical Knowledge and Practice”
- Preservation And Progress: Using Tibetan Medicine As A Model To Define A Progressive Role For Traditional Asian Medicine In Modern Healthcare; Asian Medicine: Tradition and Modernity
- Practicing an ancient tradition in the new world: A Tibetan medicine doctor’s view; Unified Energetics
- Transformation and balance: The principles of Tibetan medicine in the context of American healthcare; Unified Energetics
- Seeing to the distant mountain: Diagnosis in Tibetan medicine; Alternative Therapies In Health And Medicine
- A Tibetan medical perspective on irritable bowel syndrome: building a means of discourse for integrative medicine; Alternative and Complementary Therapies
- REVIEW: Asceticism and Healing in Ancient India: Medicine in the Buddhist Monastery; by Kenneth G. Zysk; TRICYCLE: The Buddhist Review
Download a history of exclusive PDF Articles and Interviews with Eliot Tokar, one of the first Westerners to have received extensive textual and clinical training in Tibetan Medicine.
- Tricycle transcript: What Is Tibetan Medicine?
- Tricycle transcript: rLüng: Resolving Circulatory Imbalance in the Body and Mind
- Tricycle transcript: mKhrispa: Treating Anger by Balancing Inner Heat
- Tricycle transcript: Bädkän: Diet, Digestion, and Tibetan Medicine’s Final Principle Function
- Tricycle Video Series: Tibetan Medicine: Anceient Wisdom for Modern Health and healing
Eliot Tokar Lectures Editorials & Reviews
- Legal and Regulatory Issues Affecting the Practice Of Tibetan Medicine In The United States
Presented at the 1998 International Congress On Tibetan Medicine, Washington D.C.
- Between Heaven And Earth: An Introduction To Various Philosophies And Approaches To Medical Care: A journal of the American Medical Students Association National Project on Alternative and Complementary Medicine